Frequently Asked QuestionsBack to home
FoodWare is available at restaurants, corporate and university dining settings. To find all participating food service providers, check the ‘Browse’ tab on the FoodWare app. We will soon be adding a map to the website for easier access. Stay tuned!
- Download the app and add a deposit.
- Head over to one of our participating vendors, and request your meal in a reusable container.
- Show the deposit card on the home screen.
- To borrow - scan the vendor QR code (usually located by the counter), then scan the QR code on your container.
- Enjoy your meal waste-free and return within 2 weeks to keep your deposit and avoid a penalty fee.
- To return - head over to any participating FoodWare vendor, scan the vendor QR code on top of the FoodWare return station (usually located by the counter), then scan the QR code on your container and place the container in return station.
We like to partner with restaurants who share our sustainability values. However, our goal is to offer a sustainable takeout alternative to customers everywhere, no matter the cuisine!
We are here for you anytime you order food to-go directly from the restaurant. We can also work directly with your caterer of choice so you can enjoy a waste-free event, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To borrow - scan the vendor QR code usually located by the counter, then scan the QR code on your container.
- Head over to a participating FoodWare vendor.
- Scan the vendor QR code located on top of the FoodWare return station.
- Scan the QR code on your container and place the container in the return station.
Return the container at any FoodWare participating location. The restaurant will have a designated return station for FoodWare containers. For glass jars, please hand it over directly to the staff.
You have 2 weeks to return the container so you can keep your deposit and avoid a penalty fee of $12/container! However, we encourage you to return the container at your earliest convenience to get your deposit back. But don’t worry, we will send you reminders through the app and over email to make it as easy as possible for you! If you need more time please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Yes! You can still return your container and get your deposit back. If it has not been 2 weeks after the 2 week period, please contact us right away at email@example.com.
We charge a $12/container penalty fee if containers are not returned after 2 weeks. As our deposit is on the lower end to make reusables accessible for everyone, we want to encourage users to return their containers. If you have not returned your container yet and it has not been 4 weeks since you first borrowed it, please return at your earliest convenience and contact us.
We don’t require for you to rinse the containers, though we would definitely appreciate it if you give them a rinse! Once they are returned, the food vendor sanitizes the containers - just like any other kitchenware. This way we ensure they are adequately and properly cleaned and ready for their next use.
You need to add a deposit for each container and can have up to 5 containers at once. That means if you collected 1 container and forgot to return it, you can still collect up to 4 more, as long as you add enough deposit for any additional ones. If you have already collected 5, you’ll need to return at least one container before you can collect another one.
- You can have up to 5 in your inventory at any given time. Just keep returning to keep borrowing.
Yes! Our containers are just as clean as if you were dining in at the restaurant and eating off a regular plate, with the added benefit that they are environmentally-friendly!
- Reduce landfill waste and prevent litter pollution on land and in marine environments.
- Prevent carbon emissions from extraction, manufacturing, transportation and disposal of single-use packaging.
- Help us spread the word about the importance of the reuse, reduce and recycle culture.
- Join us in building a local circular economy connecting local manufacturers and customers around locally reusable packaging, providing positive environmental, social and economic benefits to our community!
You will need to add a deposit prior to borrowing your first container. You will then have 2 weeks to return your container before being charged a $12 per container penalty fee. You will get your deposit back in-app as soon as you return the container.
Return the container(s) at participating vendor within the 2-week period and the deposit will be automatically returned to your account as in-app credit. You can also request a refund by filling out this form.
If the QR code is not working, select “Enter Container ID Manually” and enter the 8-digit code displayed below the QR code.
Please send us the container ID by submitting this form. To find the ID, head over to “more” → “previous orders” → and write down the ID of the containers you think you forgot to scan.
Oh no :( ! Unfortunately, we require containers to be returned to ensure you get your deposit back. Please let us know if you lost it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in partnering with GO FoodWare! Please reach out to us by emailing email@example.com - we look forward to working with you!
If you have any other questions, please email us or post a comment. Thank you! You rock!